GHC 2020 Diaries contd.
GHC 2020 Day 2
8 AM EST Till the event starts, its Poster time!
So many posters to see and so much to learn. The posters were very well organized and so easy to search using date/topics.
Data Science, NLP, Blockchain, Image processing — you name it, and there is poster for it.
Can totally imagine some of the poster creators turning into tomorrows entrepreneurs and solving future problems.
11 AM EST Workshop time
“Feeling Like a Fraud? You’re Not Alone. Overcome Impostor Syndrome and Achieve Success | Hosted by Chicago Trading Co.”
- Be brave and trust yourself.
- Use the power pose.
- Don’t be scared to pivot — If you know its not right for you, leave. You might find something that's a better fit for you.
- Have and internal talk — tell yourself you can do this!!
- Separate feelings from fact — what you feel may not be true.
- Visualize success.
- List your achievements.
- Embrace your strengths.
12 PM Abie Award Winners!
- Allow your accomplishments to shine.
- Take pride in you work.
- Take credit for your work.
- Take time to write about women achievers on Wikipedia, Dr. Jess Wade has done 1001 already!
- Never do anything that makes you unhappy.
- Rise with other women.
- Pose for a picture like Dr. Jess Wade :)
1 PM — 4PM Networking time
Interesting set up by all companies — Zoom calls, Zoom breakout rooms, Google meet, Bank of America had its own networking platform, very impressive.
Awesome interactive sessions, meeting beautiful and talented women.
4 PM Keynote time!
“Delivering the Future of High-Performance Computing — Dr. Lisa Su”
- Inflection points are opportunities to think differently and innovate.
- Take risk in the right direction.
- Innovation : Mix of data and instinct. Watch data and build instinct over time. Take risks. Evaluate risk/reward.
- Learn from mistakes.
- Inclusive teams have best answers.
- Quote : “Run towards problems”. Embrace the opportunity. Right place, right time, working on something important. When you see a problem, reach out. Create your luck by working on something important.
Phew! Exhausting day, but totally worth it. Resting a bit, to charge up for another great day tomorrow!